My GPU stopped working

abubaker21

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
I have an ASUS R7 240 that I use to play games. It worked fine for a week then it suddenly stopped working.
I get a blank screen when I boot up my computer. I have tried re-installing the drivers but it was of no use. I also re-seated the graphics card, the fans do spin, but it still doesn't work.

Solution
what is the screen frequency you got try to set her at 60 hertz on the computer video panel

Try "SFC /SCANNOW" in Run or Command Prompt or executing it from the Search bar while you insert the Installation DVD... If Windows has missing or corrupted files, they can be re-installed fresh from the DVD.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Abmario

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Is you system keep running but no display or totally won't post? If it is running but no display.. try change cable or use different monitor. If you can test your graphics card to another pc would be better.

If your board has on-board graphics and cpu support graphics processor, the remove you card and connect the display to you board video port.

abubaker21

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

It runs and after like 2 minutes a screen appears but it is glitchy with lots of weird letters and blue squares.I also tried using a different cable but the same problem occurs.