[SOLVED] My GPU temperature reached 75 while playing Fortnite knowing that my room is too hot for my gpu gtx 1060 6gb gigabyte is this normal

Apr 22, 2021
My GPU temperature reached 75 while playing Fortnite knowing that my room is too hot for my gpu gtx 1060 6gb gigabyte

is this normal

Solution
I have a single fan model, runs at about 70 - 80 under full load, if you aren't comfortable with your temps you could install afterburner and control the max temp your card will reach, but be warned that the card will actively clock down to maintain temperatures at or under the limit you set
75c is totally within the safe range of that GPU and no need for concern, 85+ is where it gets dodgy..... one thing to look at is you case and if another fan could be mounted to provide more air directly to the GPU. Also is it a dual-fan 1060 or a blower style, one fan at the back. I had a Palit 1060 6gb in blower config at it ran on average 5-10c hotter than a Asus Dual fan that I also had.

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
I have a single fan model, runs at about 70 - 80 under full load, if you aren't comfortable with your temps you could install afterburner and control the max temp your card will reach, but be warned that the card will actively clock down to maintain temperatures at or under the limit you set

Solution
Apr 22, 2021
75c is totally within the safe range of that GPU and no need for concern, 85+ is where it gets dodgy..... one thing to look at is you case and if another fan could be mounted to provide more air directly to the GPU. Also is it a dual-fan 1060 or a blower style, one fan at the back. I had a Palit 1060 6gb in blower config at it ran on average 5-10c hotter than a Asus Dual fan that I also had.
THANK YOU

Gosh, my HD4870 has been idling at 77C for 13 years now, I wonder if that will reduce its life expectancy?

It starts to throttle at 104C under load, which is how I know to go clean out its heatsink. I have never re-pasted the heatsink because after cleaning it still runs at exactly the same temperatures and fan speeds as contemporary reviews in 2008 said it should.