[SOLVED] My GPU won’t come out

Oct 12, 2020
I tried taking my RTX 2080 card out of my asus z370 II motherboard, so I could get access to the CMOS battery to reset it, but my GPU is halfway out on the left side and refuses to come out on the right side, I tried pushing down the latch but it’s not moving

Solution
I had the same issue with mine GTX 970. I pulled the first half, and it came half out, and then tried to push in the latch and it got stuck. Just tried a couple of times more, by reseting the situation. Push the card back in completely, pulled the latch up from the back, then pulled the card up from the first half, and then pulled it from the back, and suddenly it came out. Those latches get stuck as they keep expanding and contracting due to heat, so can loose shape a little. Be gentle and keep trying from different directions and eventually they will work.
Oct 12, 2020
I tried taking my RTX 2080 card out of my asus z370 II motherboard, so I could get access to the CMOS battery to reset it, but my GPU is halfway out on the left side and refuses to come out on the right side, I tried pushing down the latch but it’s not moving

Oct 12, 2020

Oct 12, 2020

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I had the same issue with mine GTX 970. I pulled the first half, and it came half out, and then tried to push in the latch and it got stuck. Just tried a couple of times more, by reseting the situation. Push the card back in completely, pulled the latch up from the back, then pulled the card up from the first half, and then pulled it from the back, and suddenly it came out. Those latches get stuck as they keep expanding and contracting due to heat, so can loose shape a little. Be gentle and keep trying from different directions and eventually they will work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS