Question My GPU wont clock up from 135 MHz

Jul 9, 2020
is that just in windows? or when gaming, gpu's have power states to save energy :p
if its in gaming u should use DDU to uninstall the drivers in safe mode, then restart and install the drivers again.
if it still doesn't work send the laptop for repair and cleaning.

Jul 9, 2020
is that just in windows? or when gaming, gpu's have power states to save energy :p
if its in gaming u should use DDU to uninstall the drivers in safe mode, then restart and install the drivers again.
if it still doesn't work send the laptop for repair and cleaning.
Yes in games, I already reinstalled the drivers. So is there something wrong with the GPU itself?

Jul 9, 2020
If its not a clean install, sometimes things don't work well, thats why I recommended using DDU.
and ya, there could be, even if it was overheating it wouldn't stay at the lowest state, so that's why I didn't ask about the temps.
Does manually upping the frequency work? also u could try a bootable USB stick with linux on it to see if the clocks change when you run a different fresh OS, but that's more complicated and it's only to check if your windows install is the problem.

Jul 9, 2020
If its not a clean install, sometimes things don't work well, thats why I recommended using DDU.
and ya, there could be, even if it was overheating it wouldn't stay at the lowest state, so that's why I didn't ask about the temps.
Does manually upping the frequency work? also u could try a bootable USB stick with linux on it to see if the clocks change when you run a different fresh OS, but that's more complicated and it's only to check if your windows install is the problem.
Nope changing the clock speed doesnt work, it stays the same. I'll try the driver change again

Jul 9, 2020
I tried it with DDU and it's still the same, the GPU spikes to 400MHz for a split second sometimes but that's it