Question My GPU wont come out

Apr 18, 2019
Hi, I've got a gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti and I can't take it out my case. I've unscrewed everything etc. It won't come out because the pin thing to keep it in place cant be reached... it's under my graphics card and I cant seem to fit my fingers under the graphics card to reach it. The space between the motherboard and the bottom of the graphics card is about 0.5cm. I'm just wondering what I should do to resolve this issue.

Apr 18, 2019
I use a screwdriver to push/pull/unhook the clasp. Just be careful not to touch any metal on the PCB, and unplug the system.
I use a screwdriver to push/pull/unhook the clasp. Just be careful not to touch any metal on the PCB, and unplug the system.
I'm not even sure where abouts the clasp is... I mean I know which side but I can barely see things under the graphics card... it's all so compact!

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Depending on the type of clasp is there, you either have to push it down (these clasps are wide and normally the same color as the slot), pull it out and up (these clasps look like levers and are normally a different color than the slot, like white), or push it off to the side (these clasps are the same color as the slot and are very simple, bendable pieces of plastic). If it´s hard to see, It´s probably not the first one. Also, the clasps are normally most visible from the top of the card (the side without a shroud.) If your case mounts the motherboard backwards (with the I/O on the bottom left), this can be difficult as the clasp is below the card. A more detailed description of the system would help me assist in this further.

Apr 18, 2019
Depending on the type of clasp is there, you either have to push it down (these clasps are wide and normally the same color as the slot), pull it out and up (these clasps look like levers and are normally a different color than the slot, like white), or push it off to the side (these clasps are the same color as the slot and are very simple, bendable pieces of plastic). If it´s hard to see, It´s probably not the first one. Also, the clasps are normally most visible from the top of the card (the side without a shroud.) If your case mounts the motherboard backwards (with the I/O on the bottom left), this can be difficult as the clasp is below the card. A more detailed description of the system would help me assist in this further.
I think I will just give up. I don't know a lot about computers to give you a detailed description. All I can say is that I cant get it out with a screwdriver because the space in between the motherboard and gpu is too compact and I would end up touching the motherboard with the screwdriver. I took a picture but I dont know how to post it on this site to you.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure the clasp is black but I'm not 100% sure.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
I think I will just give up. I don't know a lot about computers to give you a detailed description. All I can say is that I cant get it out with a screwdriver because the space in between the motherboard and gpu is too compact and I would end up touching the motherboard with the screwdriver. I took a picture but I dont know how to post it on this site to you.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure the clasp is black but I'm not 100% sure.
You shouldn´t have to get between the motherboard and GPU to unclasp it, it´s normally visible directly above the GPU on the right side. If you´re on a PC right now, photos can be added with the image icon above the text box when writing a comment.

Apr 18, 2019
You shouldn´t have to get between the motherboard and GPU to unclasp it, it´s normally visible directly above the GPU on the right side. If you´re on a PC right now, photos can be added with the image icon above the text box when writing a comment.
I'm on mobile right now because I'm trying to get my GPU out. Have you got Instagram? This conversation would be easier. My instagram: Romykellyy