Question My GPU works for about 5-20 minutes and then turns itself off but PC stays on.

Jul 20, 2021
I need help. My graphics card turns itself off randomly after using it for about 5-20 minutes. The weirdest part is that just the GPU turns off, like the rgb turns off and the fans stop and I lose all visuals on my monitors, yet they do not show the "no display" status and I am able to hear everything happening (discord/games etc) and I can speak to my friends and they hear me yet no visuals. The only way i am able to fix this temporarily is to turn off the PC by holding the power button and turning it back on. I have an EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 super, its about 1 year old so I dont know why this is happening. This has nothing to do with the GPU being under load, it dies even when nothing is playing on my computer. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I exchanged the PSU, I wiped all the drivers from it using DDU, I reinstalled all drivers multiple times, I hard reset my PC, I changed my boot mode in bios from UEFI to legacy+UEFI. I need help, I am unable to use my computer and it is the most frustrating thing in the world.

Any help with my issue is very appreciated, thank you in advance :).

The fact it's doing that after a few minutes could be power, but could be heat also. I was looking online, and apparently nvidia recommends 600-650 watts, so maybe a slightly bigger power supply can help? It might help to know what temps the card is getting to before cutting off.