[SOLVED] My GPU's 2 Of 3 Fans Are Stopped Working

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hi, i have Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X OC 3GB GDDR5 384-Bit GPU. It 2 fans are stopped working(Only middle fan still working). What should i do? Thanks. They're starting working after GPU load is %0. I don't understand.

Solution
download sapphire trixx and set the fan speeds, your fan curve could be set for extra quiet, you can set it for extra cooling if you wish.
Trixx allows you to change the fan speeds on the fly and based on the temp of the die. from 45 degrees to 60 degrees my fans go from 30 percent to 70 percent, then any additional heat above 64 goes straight to 100%
Hi, i have Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X OC 3GB GDDR5 384-Bit GPU. It 2 fans are stopped working(Only middle fan still working). What should i do? Thanks.
Usually it's the fans themselves and usually it's the bearings (for me anyway).
One way to give you a clue...if when the one is spinning....if you give the other ones a push and they spin...it's almost always the fans in my experience.
I'd order a new set of fans. They are pretty inexpensive.

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
Hi. My GPU's fans are stopping working while gaming. When i play game, GPU's 3 of 2 fans are stopping working and causing overheating. After 15-20 minutes fans are starting working.

I've searched on internet if somebody had problem something like this. But never found anything about that.

I think it's more like software problem.

What should i do? Thanks.

GPU model: Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X OC 3GB GDDR5 384-Bit.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
download sapphire trixx and set the fan speeds, your fan curve could be set for extra quiet, you can set it for extra cooling if you wish.
Trixx allows you to change the fan speeds on the fly and based on the temp of the die. from 45 degrees to 60 degrees my fans go from 30 percent to 70 percent, then any additional heat above 64 goes straight to 100%

Solution