[SOLVED] My gpus compnent got burnt so how can i find out which one was it so can replace

Solution
Its design by HP will they do ot for me ?

If you're not within your HP's warranty period, HP almost certainly won't do anything. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Outside of HP, it's hard to say; the actual GPU manufacturer may help, but they're not usually required to. When you buy a prebuilt, the company that makes the prebuilt actually holds the warranty with Asus, EVGA, MSI, etc. rather than you. Your warranty is with HP. Now, companies like EVGA and Gigabyte are known for being generous with which GPUs they honor, but you'd have to apply for an RMA after HP refused.

And they don't fix the card, they provide a comparable replacement. Actually fixing GPUs isn't generally cost-effective and it's basically limited to people who...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This will void any warranty you have. Have you contacted the manufacturer to attempt an RMA or other replacement?

Also, if you are not familiar with what you are doing with these cards, you can end up permanently damaging it. The fact that you are asking an online forum for details tells me that you're looking for any guidance to fix, even though that might end up being incorrect.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Its design by HP will they do ot for me ?

If you're not within your HP's warranty period, HP almost certainly won't do anything. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Outside of HP, it's hard to say; the actual GPU manufacturer may help, but they're not usually required to. When you buy a prebuilt, the company that makes the prebuilt actually holds the warranty with Asus, EVGA, MSI, etc. rather than you. Your warranty is with HP. Now, companies like EVGA and Gigabyte are known for being generous with which GPUs they honor, but you'd have to apply for an RMA after HP refused.

And they don't fix the card, they provide a comparable replacement. Actually fixing GPUs isn't generally cost-effective and it's basically limited to people who like to tinker who have a great deal of electronic expertise. It's not something that you can be given a magic solution over the internet.

Solution
Jul 12, 2021
This will void any warranty you have. Have you contacted the manufacturer to attempt an RMA or other replacement?

Also, if you are not familiar with what you are doing with these cards, you can end up permanently damaging it. The fact that you are asking an online forum for details tells me that you're looking for any guidance to fix, even though that might end up being incorrect.
Thansk actually also i was looking for best solution i can get

Jul 12, 2021
If not still under warranty, your only good option is to have the card repaired by the manufacturer if they will offer that service.
Yes not in warranty so i have to contact with manufecturers plus i will give to a company they will do proper work since the print is gone with that damage

Jul 12, 2021
I dont know what to do or how to bcoz i dont know about repairing thing so will try to give this to the best person who can deal with it slowly and prefectly i am not doin anything with it

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yes it is so i can go to giga asus or msi etc service center to make it repaired right

Maybe. There's a decent chance that it's not repairable at a reasonable price. But you'll have to contact them.

And, again, the first step here would be to find out exactly what 2070 you bought and see if that company will allow an RMA even though it was sold through HP. Many will; EVGA and Gigabyte basically go by serial numbers. And if they do, all 2070s are within three years of release for a few more months.

But you'll have to look and see what 2070 you actually have. You haven't provided that information to us, so there's not much specific advice we can give you on that front.