Question My graphic card won’t display anything

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017
Hi 👋🏻
I bought new graphics code MSI RX5 70 8GB OC
Before this graphic i used AMD RYZEN 5 2400G inbuilt graphic card after few months I upgraded to MSI card but when I connect my hdmi cable to my new graphics card it won’t display anything but the graphics fan and cpu fan are working good and again I unplugged my pci power cable and removed hdmi cable from graphics card and plugged into my motherboard it is working fine
Plz help me

Hard to say. Most modern motherboards should default to the graphics card if it detects one is installed. Some do require entering BIOS to make this choice.

After checking BIOS and still no luck, enter Windows (?) with the display cable connected to the motherboard display outputs but with the graphics card installed. Use a hardware monitor and also see if Device Manager can see a new piece of hardware is installed. You may need to check 'show hidden devices' in Device Manager. This would at least give some idea if the graphics card is functioning in some way.

After that... full specs, and hopefully others will have additional suggestions.

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017
Hard to say. Most modern motherboards should default to the graphics card if it detects one is installed. Some do require entering BIOS to make this choice.

After checking BIOS and still no luck, enter Windows (?) with the display cable connected to the motherboard display outputs but with the graphics card installed. Use a hardware monitor and also see if Device Manager can see a new piece of hardware is installed. You may need to check 'show hidden devices' in Device Manager. This would at least give some idea if the graphics card is functioning in some way.

After that... full specs, and hopefully others will have additional suggestions.
If i turn on the pc with graphics card connected with pci power cable it gives a same problem not showing anything. Then how can i chech device manger

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017

And i am using aorus x470 ultra gaming motherboard can u say how to check graphics card setting in bios
Plz help

You'd have to enter BIOS and find the setting. See pg.33 of the manual:
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x470-aorus-ultra-gaming_1001_e_180704.pdf
It looks like the option is under 'Peripherals' > 'Initial Display Output'.

Your comment would suggest that the integrated graphics option is automatically overridden, which would seem to indicate something wrong with the graphics card side of things in some way.

But if you don't get any display no whatsoever I'm stuck for what you can do, except for trying to get the system back to how it was before the installation. You may need to see if you can get the graphics card checked on a different system to see if it actually works. You may need to clear CMOS to have everything reset to default.

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x470-aorus-ultra-gaming_1001_e_180704.pdf

Your comment would suggest that the integrated graphics option is automatically overridden, which would seem to indicate something wrong with the graphics card side of things in some way.

But if you don't get any display no whatsoever I'm stuck for what you can do, except for trying to get the system back to how it was before the installation. You may need to see if you can get the graphics card checked on a different system to see if it actually works. You may need to clear CMOS to have everything reset to default.
i will check it later thnk for your help dude

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017

I check my old gt710 graphic card it us working after a boot but my new graphic card working what i do now

So the GT 710 works, but the RX 570 doesn't? Two things come to mind.

(1) I mentioned full specs earlier but right now I wonder what your PSU is. Some graphics card require a more powerful PSU.

(2) The other possibility is what I touched on earlier: could be the RX 570 is faulty. It would need to be installed in another PC to verify this though (because you've confirmed the PCIe slot is fine).

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017
So the GT 710 works, but the RX 570 doesn't? Two things come to mind.

(1) I mentioned full specs earlier but right now I wonder what your PSU is. Some graphics card require a more powerful PSU.

(2) The other possibility is what I touched on earlier: could be the RX 570 is faulty. It would need to be installed in another PC to verify this though (because you've confirmed the PCIe slot is fine).
I am using 650 watt PSU
Amd ryzen 5 2400g
Ddr4 3000mhz
Aorus x470 ultra gaming motherboard
If there is faulty in mu pci e then how gt710 will work for me

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017
That PSU ought to be fine. I think I would RMA the 470, ideally after testing it in another machine, if possible. Have you tried other ports to the display? What's your monitor?
I did not try in other pc i use hdmi port
My Monitor is Samsung 27 inch (68.6 cm) Curved Bezel Less LED Backlit Computer Monitor - Full HD, VA Panel with VGA, HDMI, Display, Audio in, Heaphone Ports - LC27F591FDWXXL

Amarnath007

Commendable
Mar 22, 2017
Sry to say that I’m not having other pc and other display port cable so i made a replacement in amazon i think upcoming product will work for me. I think from my side my pc has all spec for this graphic card i think 🤔 there is a problem with my gpu
And lot of thanks to u
I may contact you after a new product came and plz reply for me
Once again thanks to u and tomshardware forums 🥰