My graphics card and my monitor...

durtyturtyle

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Lately, I have been having trouble running my new built pc on my graphics card. I thought it was my motherboard until i called them and they said my GPU was not working since I was using a VGA. I have a Raedon HD 6970. After researching, I see that the Raedon HD 6970 does support VGA. So now, the real question is why am i not getting input on my monitor. The cables and everything are fine. It's been two months and I have been running on my integrated graphics. I really want to actually use my GPU.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
you need to connect the monitor into the PCI graphics card, you can't use Motherboard VGA since that is for the inboard graphics card.

Make sure your video card i properly connected, all pci 6pins power connectors must be connected, and check if the cooler are running, maybe the video card is dead.

You have to use you PCI GPU video outputs, and make sure your screen is in the right "Source" some screens have different sources for each conections, and you need to use the one that is connected.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Yes just like @XxYouGotOwnedZz said.

there are converters, but if your screen does have a digital connect i would recommend using it, VGA is analogic and there are a lot of problems using it, inteference, ghosting, if your monitor does have HDMI/DVI/DISPLAYPORT i would highly recommend you using those connectors.

well basically if you start to see some problems with your screen like Ghosting/Double Image/Diagonal Refreshing Lines/etc... you will need to change the cable/monitor just make sure you are aware of that, and if you are having problems like those you can change your screen.

TRENDING THREADS