My graphics card card says it's overclocked and I don't want to overclock!

Phoenix0

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hi, I'll copy-paste my graphics card info here

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti N660 PE 2GD5/OC Video Card - 2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, 3-Way SLI Ready, Overclocked

It says overclocked at the end... I don't want to overclock.. Can somebody help me with what this 'overclocked' means... Does it mean when It's home and I put it in the computer it'll overclock? I really don't want that. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Its perfectly fine, just means that the factory has SLIGHTLY increase the clock rate. Since this is straight from MSI, you do not need to worry about it as it is covered in the warranty and HIGHLY UNLIKELY to cause issues.
That just means it comes overclocked from the factory. It is warranted to operate reliably at that speed. This is not a problem. Reference designs are conservative, and many companies sell versions that are overclocked. You have the option of slowing it down to reference speeds (perhaps using MSI Afterburner), but there is no need to do this.

oczdude8

Distinguished
It just means your gpu is faster then a standard 660ti (non OC). don't worry about any heat or damage issues, as, since it is sold like this, it is fully warranted and tested to be reliable. Just pop the card in your system and enjoy it