Question My graphics card does not use the percentage that I should use in games of not much consumption

Feb 9, 2020
Hello everyone, I realized that my graphics card does not use the percentage that I should use in some games, so the fps are low, I have seen in the tests that I really should have a higher percentage to reach high cups of frames I don't use I don't know what I can do, if someone could help me, I'd appreciate it
Components: Ryzen 1700 and GTX 1070

Jan 11, 2020
Hello everyone, I realized that my graphics card does not use the percentage that I should use in some games, so the fps are low, I have seen in the tests that I really should have a higher percentage to reach high cups of frames I don't use I don't know what I can do, if someone could help me, I'd appreciate it
What is the PSU Wattage ?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Hi @Breiner

1st off, Welcome to the forums!

2nd, Please list out the rest of your PC's specs such as RAM, Mobo, & PSU for starters. The 1700 and 1070 is a very nice match and should compliment each other well in terms of power & performance.

What are your temps? Are you running at stock or OC?

Last but not least, what games do you play and at what resolution?

Do you have vsync/g/freesync on?

More info please. :)

Feb 9, 2020
Hi @Breiner

1st off, Welcome to the forums!

2nd, Please list out the rest of your PC's specs such as RAM, Mobo, & PSU for starters. The 1700 and 1070 is a very nice match and should compliment each other well in terms of power & performance.

What are your temps? Are you running at stock or OC?

Last but not least, what games do you play and at what resolution?

Do you have vsync/g/freesync on?

More info please. :)
Thanks,My ram is a teamgroup of 8GB at 3200MHz, the mobo is an MSI X470 GAMING PLUS, and the PSU is 600W.
The CPU temperatures are 40-50C (I have liquid cooling) and the graph is 60-70C.
I'm playing in stock, I usually play battlefield v, csgo, fortnite, gta v, etc, I don't use vsync, game in 1080p 144hz.
The problem is in games like csgo and fortnite that uses very little percentage and barely reaches 200 fps in csgo and 100-160 in fortnite

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Thanks,My ram is a teamgroup of 8GB at 3200MHz, the mobo is an MSI X470 GAMING PLUS, and the PSU is 600W.
The CPU temperatures are 40-50C (I have liquid cooling) and the graph is 60-70C.
I'm playing in stock, I usually play battlefield v, csgo, fortnite, gta v, etc, I don't use vsync, game in 1080p 144hz.
The problem is in games like csgo and fortnite that uses very little percentage and barely reaches 200 fps in csgo and 100-160 in fortnite

Do you have the newest Bios installed for your mobo?

For the CPU temps, is that during gaming or at idle? What do you mean by At Graph? Custom fan curve once 60-70c is reached? What Water cooling system are you using? Actual water cooling or an AIO? Have you tried OC'ing?

I'd advise you to install a 16GB DDR4-3200 Kit as 8GB is borderline for gaming. Especially if you stream or have apps running in the background while gaming. (Music playing, Youtube open, things like that.) Don't just buy another 8GB, but rather a 16GB kit to ensure maximum compatibility.

Your PSU is 600w, but do you know the make & model? PSU's are an often overlooked component part of a build which plays a more critical role than most people realize.

200 FPS in CS:GO is plenty fast enough, as is the frames you are getting in Fortnite. Whats your ping to the server you are playing on? A fast FPS is almost worthless if your ping is high as FPS is only on your end. If you have a 144hz 1080p monitor and are pushing FPS past 144, have you tried turning on vsync as you may be getting either micro or major screen tearing which can also cause you to think you are having performance issues. Whats the exact make & model of your monitor.

When was the last time you reinstalled your OS?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020
Do you have the newest Bios installed for your mobo?

For the CPU temps, is that during gaming or at idle? What do you mean by At Graph? Custom fan curve once 60-70c is reached? What Water cooling system are you using? Actual water cooling or an AIO? Have you tried OC'ing?

I'd advise you to install a 16GB DDR4-3200 Kit as 8GB is borderline for gaming. Especially if you stream or have apps running in the background while gaming. (Music playing, Youtube open, things like that.) Don't just buy another 8GB, but rather a 16GB kit to ensure maximum compatibility.

Your PSU is 600w, but do you know the make & model? PSU's are an often overlooked component part of a build which plays a more critical role than most people realize.

200 FPS in CS:GO is plenty fast enough, as is the frames you are getting in Fortnite. Whats your ping to the server you are playing on? A fast FPS is almost worthless if your ping is high as FPS is only on your end. If you have a 144hz 1080p monitor and are pushing FPS past 144, have you tried turning on vsync as you may be getting either micro or major screen tearing which can also cause you to think you are having performance issues. Whats the exact make & model of your monitor.

When was the last time you reinstalled your OS?
Yes, I have the most recent biography.
The temperature playing, on the chart: my mistake was about the graphics card.
I use an AIO.
I plan to upgrade to 16 GB.
My power supply is an EVGA 600W 80PLUS.
I know that in csgo 200 fps are quite good, but it can reach more, because it only uses 20%, in csgo it is not so important, but in fortnite yes, since there are moments that lower me to 50 fps and that yes. it doesn't benefit me
From what I have seen in the YouTube test, the graphics card should give an average performance of 300-400 fps, it should not be used unlimitedly if it is not to keep it stable, but that is not the case, the fps are very unstable , plays the same in an epic scenario as in the bass (FPS)
I have completely restarted the computer for the same problem, I have the most recent version of Windows.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Yes, I have the most recent biography.
The temperature playing, on the chart: my mistake was about the graphics card.
I use an AIO.
I plan to upgrade to 16 GB.
My power supply is an EVGA 600W 80PLUS.
I know that in csgo 200 fps are quite good, but it can reach more, because it only uses 20%, in csgo it is not so important, but in fortnite yes, since there are moments that lower me to 50 fps and that yes. it doesn't benefit me
From what I have seen in the YouTube test, the graphics card should give an average performance of 300-400 fps, it should not be used unlimitedly if it is not to keep it stable, but that is not the case, the fps are very unstable , plays the same in an epic scenario as in the bass (FPS)
I have completely restarted the computer for the same problem, I have the most recent version of Windows.

1. 16GB RAM (Whats your budget? We'll give you a few suggestions)
  2. Download Precision X1 or MSI Afterburner to manually set your 1070's fan. While 50-70c is within safe specs, cooler is always better.

TRENDING THREADS