Question My graphics card doesn't let my pc boot

Aug 20, 2019
Hi,
So basically, I have a Radeon R9 280 Sapphire that when I plug it in to the upper PCI-e slot, the computer doesn't boot. It doesn't beep, which it normally does with a Radeon HD 5770 installed. With the R9, the PC fans light up and start spinning along with the fans on the GPU, but when I attach a DVI cable, nothing happens. I have installed drivers for the card with the 5770 but to no avail.

If you could help, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Aug 20, 2019
I have tried 2 different PSU's l, a 500 W and a 700W and plugged them in to the GPU but nothing. However the 5770 only has one PCI-e slot whereas the R9 has 2. I was wondering whether this might be the problem

Hi,
So basically, I have a Radeon R9 280 Sapphire that when I plug it in to the upper PCI-e slot, the computer doesn't boot. It doesn't beep, which it normally does with a Radeon HD 5770 installed. With the R9, the PC fans light up and start spinning along with the fans on the GPU, but when I attach a DVI cable, nothing happens. I have installed drivers for the card with the 5770 but to no avail.

If you could help, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Can you see the BIOS POST screen, or the display is totally blank ? Is Windows still loading in the background ? Which MOTHERBOARD are you having ? List the model/brand. Also, do you have the latest BIOS installed on this system ?

Try to clear/reset the CMOS/BIOS to default values, and then try again.

Aug 20, 2019
Can you see the BIOS POST screen, or the display is totally blank ? Is Windows still loading in the background ? Which MOTHERBOARD are you having ? List the model/brand. Also, do you have the latest BIOS installed on this system ?

Try to clear/reset the CMOS/BIOS to default values, and then try again.
I can't access the BIOS screen, the entire screen stays black

Aug 20, 2019
the motherboard i am using is a gigabyte ga-h87-hd3 ddr3
i believe i have the latest BIOS installed as well
i have tried 2 different PSUs separately with the PC. Both work with the 5770 but neither work with the R9. the PSU i am using right now is a ThermalTake ToughPower cable management

Thank you for your patience.