My graphics card is dying

chiruka

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
I have no idea why my GPU is 750000rpm in MSI after burner, I have no idea why it is -1 RPM in GPU-Z. If RPM means speed, what does fan speed mean than, is it relevant? My fans speeds are 25-35, my GPU temps are 40-60c, and 40 in idle, but then I have a very speedy loud fan noise coming from my pc which I think is from my case fan? i dont know whats happening. Should I stop using my GPU incase of it burning out?

AMD R7 250 1GB GDDR5 OC updated to latest AMD r7 200 drivers

http://i68.tinypic.com/2zqeaur.png
2enaulj.png

Solution
'' I have no idea why my GPU is 74,000rpm in MSI after burner ' more then likely a glitch in its reading I seen this with my card before

may try to uninstall afterburner and reinstall or get hwinfo64 and run it on the side to see if the readings are the same from it ??
[funny thing it was my old AMD hd 7850 ]
I also had a fan that seemd to be due to the fan motor as well gave crazy readings replaced the fan and all was good after that thing is you can tell the fan was not spinning at a crazy high speed but it showed it was in the monitor ???

thing is if the fan was exceeding its rpm limit you would know it by noise vibration compared to any fan say rated for say 2500 rpms

anyway I replaced...
'' I have no idea why my GPU is 74,000rpm in MSI after burner ' more then likely a glitch in its reading I seen this with my card before

may try to uninstall afterburner and reinstall or get hwinfo64 and run it on the side to see if the readings are the same from it ??
[funny thing it was my old AMD hd 7850 ]
I also had a fan that seemd to be due to the fan motor as well gave crazy readings replaced the fan and all was good after that thing is you can tell the fan was not spinning at a crazy high speed but it showed it was in the monitor ???

thing is if the fan was exceeding its rpm limit you would know it by noise vibration compared to any fan say rated for say 2500 rpms

anyway I replaced the fan with one out of a old 6850 i had and all was good

Solution
The card isn't reporting accurate data on fan speed. If it was going at 74,000 RPM the fan and motor would instantly blow apart. Probably with enough force to punch holes through a steel computer case. As the temps are fine. I would not worry about it.

Open the case and figure out which fan is noisy. If you have a stethoscope point it close to each component to locate the noise source. If you don't have one. Use a paper towel tube against your ear and point it at different noise sources to locate the noisy fan. You can also just momentarily stop each fan with your finger on the center hub not the blades.

When you say noisy. Is it loud as in spinning fast? In which case don't worry it is doing its job. If you don't like it investigate proper case cooling and high static pressure PWM fans. Then gain better control of your cooling system. My PC barely makes a peep at full load for extended periods. Is it noisy as in scraping, rubbing metal, grinding, &c? Locate the failing fan as described and replace it. Sometimes you can get a noisy fan to quite down for a while by smacking the case like The Fonz. Don't hit it too hard you could crash the hard drive.

if your card is still under warrantee you may try to request a new fan like XFX will just send one out to you for free of find a matching one from like e-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95mm-MSI-Radeon-R7-250-260-260X-Video-Card-Single-Fan-Replaement-40mm-4Pin-0-40A-/171261255782

like I said my 7850 it was in the fan and a other fan worked as normal and gave correct readings ????? nothing to do with the card its self

but unless yougot a way to test that out you just don't know and worry and guess