[SOLVED] My graphics card is not being recognized.

Jan 20, 2019
My Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core I5-4690
Radeon RX 570
16 gb Ram
Motherboard : ASRock - H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150

My problem is my computer does not to recognize my graphics card being plugged in even in the uEFI visualization and I cant install the drivers due to the card not being recognized. I have tried plugging into any of the video outputs and I get nothing. Though the card it self does light up and the fans run.

Solution
Ok... so if you are using this PCIE slot (circled in red).

gsppIUw.png

And neither GPU is working or not recognized in the BIOS then I think the PCIE slot itself is broken/defective.

WildCard999

Titan

It's in the topmost PCIE slot correct?

With the menu saying that there's nothing in the slot I would shut the system down and make sure the card is properly seated in the slot as if it's not perfectly lined up then it won't work.

If your sure the card is properly seated the next thing I would do is try it out in another computer if possible. Even though the lights/fans are working there still could be a issue with the card. Another thing to test is the PCIE slot itself if you have another GPU (even a older cheap one) to pop in and test. During these test only connect the monitor to the GPU and not to the motherboard as you need the motherboard to force the display through the GPU and not the iGPU.

Jan 20, 2019
I had an old radeon Hd 4650 that gets power directly from the motherboard and the the board powers the fan but in the uefi the visulaztion still says that the pcie slot is empty.

WildCard999

Titan

Well if you connect the monitor to that 4650 (and not to the motherboard) do you get a visual?