Question My graphics card keeps turning off and on without showing display

Jun 13, 2019
I have a r7 260x and I've had it for quite a while now. Last night I went to the bios and changed the uma frame buffer to 2g and then I restarted my pc and then it stopped working. My graphics card turns on when my pc turns on but then it shuts down and keeps restarting.

I have a r7 260x and I've had it for quite a while now. Last night I went to the bios and changed the uma frame buffer to 2g and then I restarted my pc and then it stopped working. My graphics card turns on when my pc turns on but then it shuts down and keeps restarting.

What are your full PC specs ? Which PSU do you have ? Have you tried to clear/reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default ? Does your motherboard come with an onboard graphics ? Why did you change the frame buffer ?

Can you boot via iGPU ?

Jun 13, 2019
What are your full PC specs ? Which PSU do you have ? Have you tried to clear/reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default ? Does your motherboard come with an onboard graphics ? Why did you change the frame buffer ?

Can you boot via iGPU ?
No I can't boot via iGPU. I have a 480 watts ATX 12V Model:480aUB. My cpu is a8 6600k, graphics card is r7 260x and motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2 8gb of ram.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019

Can you boot via iGPU ?
I also changed the buffer frame to see if it would make a different from 518