Question My graphics card nvidia GT 610 2 GB is not working with my new motherboard biostar H81MHV3 version 7.3 with Bios version H81SR914.BSS

Aug 30, 2020
My graphics card nvidia GT 610 2 GB is not working with motherboard biostar H81MHV3 version 7.3 with Bios version H81SR914.BSS when I am using HDMI or other display port of motherboard I am getting display but when I am trying to plug in graphic card in PCI slot and plug in display cable into graphic cards display ports, I am not getting display at the same time when graphic card is inserted in PCI slot I am able to getting display from motherboards HDMI or other display slots, I am checking my graphic card with other motherboards and PC's, my graphic card is working fine, I had also tried to to use other graphic card on my motherboard but that was also not working, I am also changing my motherboard but same issue is persisting.

Aug 30, 2020
Change Your default video output.
Im guessing Right now your default video Output is set for onboard VGA, you should Be able to change that to use your PCI Express device in bios.

Aug 30, 2020
I already tried it I changed video output setting in bios from auto to PCI save the settings and restart the PC but when I checked bios setting again it again reseted to auto

Aug 30, 2020
Biostar is an extremely unreliable brand as far as I've experienced, if it resets back to auto that means either motherboard Bios is faulty or it doesn't detect the graphic card that you have installed And sets itself to auto.
Set your bios settings for onboard VGA and the check if it resets itself to auto again

Aug 30, 2020
Biostar is an extremely unreliable brand as far as I've experienced, if it resets back to auto that means either motherboard Bios is faulty or it doesn't detect the graphic card that you have installed And sets itself to auto.
Set your bios settings for onboard VGA and the check if it resets itself to auto again

Aug 31, 2020
While this isn't helpful, I can add on and say that I've heard of so many problems with Biostar, they aren't a reputable company at all and I wouldn't recommend buying products from them.

Aug 30, 2020
I tried to set primary display as IGFX and after restart it remains on igfx not on auto...I had tried different psu also but problem not solved

Aug 30, 2020
Motherboard does not recognize your graphic card. So if you have tested your gpu to be ok that means the motherboard or pci Express slot is bugged. Is this a brand new motherboard or it has been working before with other graphic cards on it?

My personal recommendation if its brand new and you can replace it with a better mother board from more reliable brand even if it costs you a little more do it.
My personal experience with biostar brand is that they either work fine(just for a while) or they will come with an unsolveable issue

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS