Question My graphics card, Nvidia RTX 3060 TI (12gb), is having issues.

Nov 4, 2022
Basically,
I cannot access my screen, everything else in the PC itself turns on except for the GPU, I was told I have driver issues and to hook up another graphics card to update drivers, however;

• The only other graphics card I have (access to) doesn't fit in my case
  • My CPU, AMD Ryzen 5600x, doesn't have an integrated GPU
  • I can't hook up my graphics card to the other PC (I have access to) as they both have to be identical
Are there no other ways to update the drivers of the graphics card?

Thank you,

What are your FULL PC specs ? What make/brand and model power supply unit/PSU are you using for the 3060 Ti ? Have you plugged in the PCIe-/PEG power connectors from your PSU to the GPU ?

Check the PSU PCIE power cables again. Is the MONITOR's cable connected properly to the GPU's port ?

I cannot access my screen,

Can you be more specific regarding this ? Is the screen totally blank, meaning no display at all, or, you can't even see the BIOS POST screen ?

The only other graphics card I have (access to) doesn't fit in my case

Which GPU model is it ?

Nov 4, 2022
What are your FULL PC specs ? What make and model of power supply unit/PSU are you using for the 3060 Ti ? Have you plugged in the PCIe-/PEG power connectors from your PSU to the GPU ?

Check the PSU power cables again. Is the MONITOR's cable connected properly to the GPU's port ?

Can you be more specific regarding this ? Is the screen totally blank, meaning no display at all, or, you can't even see the BIOS POST screen ?

Which GPU model is it ?

Full PC Specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RZVXd9

Im certain the cables are correctly linked, will check again soon

Yes, the monitor/display cables are all correctly connected to the port(s),

Alright, basically, the monitor (without any input) is blank, however, when I connect a display cable (HDMI or DisplayPort), the monitor turns on and has a "No Signal" message, other than that there is nothing on the screen (only happens when the monitor is in power saving mode/sleeping, happens when the PC is on or off).

Extra detail about the monitor; it does display other devices; I connected it via HDMI to my laptop and it displayed without any issues.

The second GPU model is an Nvida GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
GPU sounds faulty bro, or it's a setting in you bios maybe. Clear your CMOS using battery method. Or even take the GPU to your nearest PC repair shop and see if they can get it working on one of their PC's.