Question My graphics card ports are rusting!

Sep 24, 2022
Seach for 'cleaning a rusting motherboard' in google, and you'd get right to how you can supposedly get rid of the rust without damaging the circuit board.

Sheykh

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016
Seach for 'cleaning a rusting motherboard' in google, and you'd get right to how you can supposedly get rid of the rust without damaging the circuit board.
I'm worried about these HDMI & DP ports, the circuit board itself is okay, I didn't see that much rusting, it was good as new in most part, I just wanna know if these ports need replacement or repair.

Sep 24, 2022
I don't know, but I would clean it anyways and if I noticed problems then later I would consider to get it repaired or replaced. Also if you don't have much experience cleaning it and are afraid to damage something, I think there are repair shops around where professionals could do it. Probably a bit more expensive, but I know from personal experience that if you do it yourself and you are ten thumbs then it can wreck more than it solves. I tried once to take a laptop apart and ended up breaking some of the keys when trying to put it together again. Later on a friend who were better at these things got it and bought a new keyboard which he installed on it.

Sheykh

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016
I don't know, but I would clean it anyways and if I noticed problems then later I would consider to get it repaired or replaced. Also if you don't have much experience cleaning it and are afraid to damage something, I think there are repair shops around where professionals could do it. Probably a bit more expensive, but I know from personal experience that if you do it yourself and you are ten thumbs then it can wreck more than it solves. I tried once to take a laptop apart and ended up breaking some of the keys when trying to put it together again. Later on a friend who were better at these things got it and bought a new keyboard which he installed on it.
Cleaning these kind of hardwares is what I usually do, but rusting is something I've never faced before, I'd rather leave it like this if it's gonna work for 2~3 years minimum before it dies.