My graphics card spins when starts up but doesn't continue to spin.

Danya1997

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Recently I was playing World of Warcraft and I got a message saying internal error, me being the noob to computers I looked inside everything is fine and working but I realized my graphics card fans weren't spinning could it be a issue or is it when it reaches a certain temperature they turn on themselves please help!!

Solution
Some newer graphics cards have fans that will turn on only when it gets to a certain temperature, so depending on your graphics card, that could be normal.

As for the internal error, I could be totally wrong, but it sounds like maybe some kind of driver issue, or maybe just a random crash from the game itself. Perhaps someone else can be more insightful

Gooobee

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

I'm not an expert on graphic cards, but for starters, does the GPU glow when it turns on?

flarenial

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Some newer graphics cards have fans that will turn on only when it gets to a certain temperature, so depending on your graphics card, that could be normal.

As for the internal error, I could be totally wrong, but it sounds like maybe some kind of driver issue, or maybe just a random crash from the game itself. Perhaps someone else can be more insightful

Solution

Dragon155

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2016
Most newer graphics cards fans do not turn on until they are over about 60 degrees C. The internal error could be a driver issue. You can automatically update the driver by downloading geforce experience: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience
Or you can search "update device drivers" in windows, select display adapters, and select your graphics card.
There may be two different "display adapters" one likely will be the integrated graphics into your cpu, and one will be the main graphics card in your system.

Danya1997

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016

Danya1997

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
I've never seen it glow, or anything to the sort! I've just turned it on, and it would Initially spin, then when Windows actually loads it stops, and sometimes I get BSOD and when I try to play my game it's a internal error screen that shows up!