Question my graphics card went blank when i was gaming

Kumararjuns

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
I have a Radeon R9270x which i have been using since 3 or 4 years now. today when i was gaming DOTA it went all white and stopped working. it has never really shown any sort of issues till now. please help.

Provide PC specs.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

Kumararjuns

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
Processor AMD FX8350
MSI motherboard 990FXA GD65
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866
Radeon R9 270X 2 GB
Coolermaster Thunder 600W PSU
Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD
Corsair Carbide 400R
Windows 10 64bit
Monitor is a Panasonic TV th28D400dx

i was gaming while it happened, the screen turned white n froze there. i reseted the pc but the screen wont load showed a black screen. i reseted again and windows loaded with 2 red lines in the screen and the screen appeared like it didn't have a graphics driver loaded. then i tried updating the driver from device manager but it went black screen again. n i had to reset again. this time the screen shows DVI 800x600 not the HDMI port that ive connected the screen to

Kumararjuns

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
Can ya list complete specs plz

So i gather it's still not showing a picture.

What have you tried to troubleshoot? Another gpu?

I don't know your specs but if you have igpu, have you tried it?

Processor AMD FX8350
MSI motherboard 990FXA GD65
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866
Radeon R9 270X 2 GB
Coolermaster Thunder 600W PSU
Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD
Corsair Carbide 400R
Windows 10 64bit
Monitor is a Panasonic TV th28D400dx

windows doesn't load. it shows a black screen from start up.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Are you able to install driver and use DVI normally? Could it be the Hdmi port stuffed up?

If DVI is the same i can only imagine when gpu drivers are installed and clocks and power states are set and the gpu's electronics can't handle the power anymore but still runs for now at minimum limp mode. It can happen.

Try a different graphics card.

Kumararjuns

Honorable
Nov 17, 2014
Are you able to install driver and use DVI normally? Could it be the Hdmi port stuffed up?

If DVI is the same i can only imagine when gpu drivers are installed and clocks and power states are set and the gpu's electronics can't handle the power anymore but still runs for now at minimum limp mode. It can happen.

Try a different graphics card.
i dont use the DVI port. i've connected an hdmi cable to the tv. i'm not able to load windows now. its all black screen from the startup