My Graphics Driver is frequently crashing, could it be my RAM?

AidanJeeves

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
On my PC, I use Nvidia GTX 650ti Boost and have all my drivers automatically kept up to date, yet I often get a frozen screen for a prolonged time and get a WHQL Driver 337.88 error saying that my driver had crashed. It also occurs when launching games like Battlefield 4 - it comes up with a different error to do with DirectX11 and how my graphic card has been 'removed' or lost contact.

I have tested around, and I have noticed (whether it is coincidence or not) that this error only occurs when i have both my RAM modules in, a 2gb one and a 4gb one. When I only use a 2gb module - no errors occur so I am wondering, could the 4gb module be causing these problems?

AidanJeeves

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

I have previously completely swiped my HDD and reinstalled all my drivers again which had not worked. Secondly, the 4 and 2gb modules were ones that I took out of my old Dell PC (which I imagined not to work) but tested to see if my PC worked or not. By using these, could this be my problem? And could buying 2x4gb new ram work in fixing it?
I want to ensure I am paying for the right repairs when trying to fix my PC in the correct order. :)