Question My gtx 1660 xc ultra gaming is showing lower fps at very high settings than benchmarks

Jul 27, 2019
I am getting 53.34 avg fps on very high settings with evga gtx 1660 xc ultra gaming as compared to 65 fps avg. Can anyone help me why i am getting such low fps on this game. Following is the benchmark i ran in game.
My specs,
i5 8400
ram: 16gb corsair vengeance
gpu: gtx 1660 xc ultra gaming EVGA

Jul 27, 2019
Which game and is your RAM dual channel or single channel?

Your CPU might be bottlenecking

run 3dmark basic edition, after it click on compare result online and post the link of this result

The game is ghost recon wildlands and my ram is two 8gb corsair vengeance LPX DDR4

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
I have a i5-8500 and a GTX 1660Ti and I'm getting a solid FPS while gaming. Sure my CPU and GPU are greater than yours but only slightly. Maybe you need to update your drivers and by that I don't mean only the GPU driver. Lags, Framedrops and etc accure because some drivers in your Windows aren't uptodate. And as helpstar mentioned above about asking whether you have only a single RAM or 2 RAM installed it could result in different performance but not really that much.

Jul 27, 2019
I have a i5-8500 and a GTX 1660Ti and I'm getting a solid FPS while gaming. Sure my CPU and GPU are greater than yours but only slightly. Maybe you need to update your drivers and by that I don't mean only the GPU driver. Lags, Framedrops and etc accure because some drivers in your Windows aren't uptodate. And as helpstar mentioned above about asking whether you have only a single RAM or 2 RAM installed it could result in different performance but not really that much.

The reason why i am asking this is because i have seen benchmarks on internet posted by people having the same specs as mine and getting atleast 10 more fps than i am getting, i'll try to update my drivers and see whether it makes any difference. I literally have no idea why this is happening because my GPU is Evga gtx 1660 xc ultra gaming which is a factory overclocked GPU and it almost gives stock gtx 1660 ti level performance. But i am literally getting gtx 1060 level performance and i dont know why.

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
The reason why i am asking this is because i have seen benchmarks on internet posted by people having the same specs as mine and getting atleast 10 more fps than i am getting, i'll try to update my drivers and see whether it makes any difference. I literally have no idea why this is happening because my GPU is Evga gtx 1660 xc ultra gaming which is a factory overclocked GPU and it almost gives stock gtx 1660 ti level performance. But i am literally getting gtx 1060 level performance and i dont know why.
If the difference between your performance and the performance from other benchmarks on the internet is 10 FPS then it cannot be the problem of your graphics card at all. In my opinion it has to do somthing with your system (consider disabling backround apps that take away some performance and you might gte 10 FPS more). Out of my exprience I also discovored that storages (HDD/SSD) that have low storage space result in some lags and little framedrops so try to kep your storage disk as low as possible or buying a larger storge disk because this helped me eliminating some of those lags and they were noticible.

There are lots of factors. Are all specs the same? RAM speed, timings and configuration (2x8gb or 4x4gb). Are they using the same cpu, what are their temperatures compared to yours as this can significantly impact any cpu/gpu boost speeds. The are you running a fresh install of Windows with no extra programs running in the background?

There are probably more things I haven’t thought about.

Finally where are these reviews? YouTube? There are a lot of fake or misleading reviews on YouTube.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Things that commonly affect framerates/Frametime.....

Temperature of CPU/GPU
Adequacy of Power Supply
Excessive background processes
Insufficient memory (RAM)
Insufficient graphics memory (VRAM)
Incorrect graphics settings
Corrupt drivers
Corrupt/damaged Windows system files
Failing/faulty hardware

If the graphics card was installed in a pre-built system, I'd consider replacing the power supply with a better unit....

If the difference between your performance and the performance from other benchmarks on the internet is 10 FPS then it cannot be the problem of your graphics card at all. In my opinion it has to do somthing with your system (consider disabling backround apps that take away some performance and you might gte 10 FPS more). Out of my exprience I also discovored that storages (HDD/SSD) that have low storage space result in some lags and little framedrops so try to kep your storage disk as low as possible or buying a larger storge disk because this helped me eliminating some of those lags and they were noticible.
I've tested this claim several times over the last few years and have been unable to reproduce this occurrence in any game.

Jul 27, 2019
Things that commonly affect framerates/Frametime.....

Temperature of CPU/GPU
Adequacy of Power Supply
Excessive background processes
Insufficient memory (RAM)
Insufficient graphics memory (VRAM)
Incorrect graphics settings
Corrupt drivers
Corrupt/damaged Windows system files
Failing/faulty hardware

If the graphics card was installed in a pre-built system, I'd consider replacing the power supply with a better unit....

I've tested this claim several times over the last few years and have been unable to reproduce this occurrence in any game.
my psu corsair 450W, the reason i bought this card and did not changed my psu was because Nvidia has recommended a 450W psu for this card. Do you my psu is the problem

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
my psu corsair 450W, the reason i bought this card and did not changed my psu was because Nvidia has recommended a 450W psu for this card. Do you my psu is the problem
450W for your system should be enough actually. Maybe the PSU itself isn't that good which I don't believe since Corsair is a good brand for making PSUs. I really think the problem behind your lags isn't the hardware but Software issues.

Jul 27, 2019
hi my gpu is EVGA gtx 1660 xc ultra which is basically like a stock 1660 ti, on gpucheck i paired my cpu core i5 8400 with gtx 1660 and it is recommending 470w power supply https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660/intel-core-i5-8400-2-80ghz/.

Plus everytime i overclock my gpu my screen goes black and i believe it is due to the fact that my PSU is 450W, i need a recommendation that is it due to limited power my GPU is not performing at its best that is why i am getting lower FPS