[SOLVED] My GTX 660 doesn't work

OmegaOrigins

Prominent
May 15, 2019
My GTX 660 won't work in my Alienware x51, and i have no way of testing it in any other rig, and i want to make sure it works if i ever pass it on or sell it, as i will get a new pc in july (birthday, baby!), but want to have a little bit more power for the time being. The card just stopped working one night, nothing that I know I did to it. I have tried to set it to discrete GPU in the BIOS, no success, card is powered, as it's fan is spinning, but it still only wants to go to Integrated graphics. Another thing i've noticed is that CS:GO decides that my computer has high settings, which my i7 3770 can't handle, so i also think that the card is being detected, AND, it's being considered as a secondary output? no idea why.

Is the monitor cable connected to the graphics card or the motherboard? If you have multiple monitors, disconnect one of them, and make sure the remaining display cable is going to the graphics card and not the motherboard output. See if there is any difference. Try a different display cable. Try a different TYPE of display cable.

OmegaOrigins

Prominent
May 15, 2019
My monitor only has vga and hdmi, so i cant do the different type, and if i plug in the hdmi to the gpu, it's completely black, no output whatsoever, so that wont work either.
Thanks, Omega