Question my gtx 770 overheat

Jul 9, 2019
Hello
(i dont speak very well english sorry)
I have a gtx 770 2gb and in idle it is 44c and while playing games like (cs:go) the gpu temp is 65-70 and before a moth i had like 40 playing it and r6s it never went up more than 65 and before a month i got the msi after burner to change the fan speed while playing pubg because my friends use it too and they told me that is good for pc so i put the fan speed at 40 and i went to pubg at the beggining good and yeah when game started my fps was locked to 40 and gpu heat went crazy to 99c and i was shocked i deleted profile of msi after burner everything but still my gpu at idle is 44-45c and im worried and in cs go the temp is 70 and rainbow six siege is over 86-87 which it never really happend and i bought my gpu before 7 months i cleaned it before a week i thought it could be but still the same but i haven't tried a new thermal paste could it be it ?
if anyone could help me it would be so good cuz im really stressed about it
Thanks
Ximi.

Jul 9, 2019
The GPU in review (The reference , Nvidia design or Blower style) would reach around 80C that would be normal and depending on your airflow and ambient temp it may reach high as your current 86C.

Which do you have, brand and model?
I have the MSI GTX 770
and it isnt normal to stay while playing pubg 99c and in idle 45-47 but now it isnt that hot so it is 40-41

lynx1021

Distinguished
I tried using msi after burner on my RX 460 and even after I closed msi after burner down it was like it was still on and my fans were wide open. I had to shut my computer down and reseat the card to get it to go back to normal. The RX 460 fans don't start until 60C and I wanted them to start ramping a 50C.

Jul 9, 2019
I tried using msi after burner on my RX 460 and even after I closed msi after burner down it was like it was still on and my fans were wide open. I had to shut my computer down and reseat the card to get it to go back to normal. The RX 460 fans don't start until 60C and I wanted them to start ramping a 50C.
how did u reset? cuz i deleted all profiles but still the same right now im doing nothing and it is 58 idk why tho i played cs go for a Hour thats all

lynx1021

Distinguished
how did u reset? cuz i deleted all profiles but still the same right now im doing nothing and it is 58 idk why tho i played cs go for a Hour thats all
I made sure after burner was not running in the back ground and shut down my computer and took my RX460 out and put it back in and that made it go back to normal. Might be able to do the same thing by shutting down, unplug the power, push the power button a few times then plug back in and start up. Make sure after burner is set not to start with windows. I just tested my RX460 yesterday with the "Heaven Benchmark and at Idle it was 50C, started ramping up at 59C and maxed out at 65C with the fans at about 75% and got 42FPS so I think I will leave mine alone. This is on a 10 year old computer.