My gtx 960 is not performing well...

rbr192

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi, so recently i bought watch dogs 2 and was willing to play it, but after installing it i was surprise of the performance of the game on my setup...
It's not playable at all, stuttering, fps drops, very low fps...on medium settings.
On low settings i get 50-75fps with stuttering. the most frustrating thing is that i'm running it at 1280x1024, not even 1080p :(

My rig :
MSI GTX 960 2GB
Intel I5-4460
8GB RAM

I've seen a video of someone running the same game on the same graphics card but different cpu, but my cpu is better than his, and his gameplay is stable, no fps loss no stuttering plus a good fps, and playing with high settings, tried the same settings but was terrible.

If anyone can help me out here i would really appreciate it.

Regards.

Solution

The 2GB model isn't better than the 4GB other than being cheaper. If Watch Dogs 2 is anything like the first one, then it could be a VRAM hog, in which case you'd need to turn your textures down to low to avoid overloading the frame buffer. It could also be optimization issues, apparently the game isn't running all that great for a lot of people, though I think most of the complaints are coming from people running AMD cards.

rbr192

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Done that, clean install.
everything is up to date.
It seems like my gpu temp is 56 when playing, is that bad ?
and cpu 45

The 2GB model isn't better than the 4GB other than being cheaper. If Watch Dogs 2 is anything like the first one, then it could be a VRAM hog, in which case you'd need to turn your textures down to low to avoid overloading the frame buffer. It could also be optimization issues, apparently the game isn't running all that great for a lot of people, though I think most of the complaints are coming from people running AMD cards.

Solution

rbr192

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Ok i lowered my settings down, clean installed Nvidia drivers, and tried ccleaner.
looks like i need to upgrade my GPU, and maybe my CPU too.

Oh and is it worth to overclock it ?

Thanks for the help ;)