Question My GTX 960 is running at extremely low clock speeds

Feb 12, 2019
So, I've recently decided to start playing some older PC games again and ran into the issue of none of them running.
After a few tests, and finally remembering, I loaded up EVGA Precision only to see that my GPU is running at a grand 135 MHz clock speed, with memory running at 405 mhz.

It will not run ANY higher than that.
If I use KBoost, it will very temporarily run at max, and then throttle back down to those numbers, while KBoost is still on.

I'm at my wits end here, now. Any idea why the GPU would be capped at such low speeds?

Feb 12, 2019
Bump. Any ideas at all, guys? I've done everything I can think of to figure out why it won't clock any higher to absolutely no avail. I've even fresh installed Windows.

Only other thing I can think of is testing this out on a different motherboard, and see what happens, but that's not easily available for me.
It can run, if I force it at max, temporarily. Otherwise it just falls on its face.

Feb 12, 2019
So, I've been having an issue with my graphics card not kicking off from idle speeds while gaming.

The only thing I've established so far that I have a question on is that on GPU-Z.
Is the power consumption enough?
And why is the PerfCap Reason of Pwr constantly green? Is that good or bad?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS