My GTX EVGA 1060 3gb slowing down extremely!!! Please Help!!!

bsgx3

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I've only had my PC for about half a year and my graphics card over time keeps getting slower and slower. Fortnite used to run at all epic settings at 70 fps, now it can only run at medium and at 60 fps. I also got Bo4 and in the time of its release, it went from 100 fps at medium to unplayable(same with Rust). Windows it's self is slow too. I use msi after burner but I leave my front case cover off (could that be the problem?)
Thanks
-Bsgx3

PS-if there is no fix, I could upgrade so suggestions for a new gpu would be appreciated

bsgx3

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bsgx3 : "GTX EVGA 1060 3gb slowing down extremely!!! Please Help!!!!"

I've only had my PC for about half a year and my graphics card over time keeps getting slower and slower. Fortnite used to run at all epic settings at 70 fps, now it can only run at medium and at 60 fps. I also got Bo4 and in the time of its release, it went from 100 fps at medium to unplayable(same with Rust). Windows its self is slow too. I use MSI afterburner but I leave my front case cover off (could that be the problem?)
Thanks
-Bsgx3

PS-if there is no fix, I could upgrade so suggestions for a new GPU would be appreciated

beaubeaugratz

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from beaubeaugratz : "My GTX 1060 3gb is getting really slow!!!"

GPU driver updated, and whats boot drive