[SOLVED] My GTX1050ti 4GB, is hitting 65 degree Celsius while playing RDR2! Should i be worried?

amit.rudy

Reputable
Sep 21, 2017
My cabinet is pretty big with good ventilation(Corsair Carbide Series CC-9011050-WW ), 2000RPM front intake and around 1000RPM rear exhaust. Theres a place for two fans at the top, but i haven't installed fans in them, i dont feel hot air rising up through top vents. Under the load while playing GTA5, my GPU used to hit around 55-58 degree Celsius, but im noticing that it's hitting 65 degree Celsius while playing RDR2. Is that temperature too much for a GPU? can it damage my GPU?

65 degrees is actually a very good temperature. Under load, it's not rare for graphics cards to hit temps of 75 to even 85 degrees. The normal temperature limit for my GTX970 is 83 degrees in MSI Afterburner (which is an overclocking software)

You may not have an EVGA card, but the first line in this article on their website may already convince you enough: https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FA...es typically range,shut off to prevent damage.

Reactions: amit.rudy
Solution
My cabinet is pretty big with good ventilation(Corsair Carbide Series CC-9011050-WW ), 2000RPM front intake and around 1000RPM rear exhaust. Theres a place for two fans at the top, but i haven't installed fans in them, i dont feel hot air rising up through top vents. Under the load while playing GTA5, my GPU used to hit around 55-58 degree Celsius, but im noticing that it's hitting 65 degree Celsius while playing RDR2. Is that temperature too much for a GPU? can it damage my GPU?
Nothing to worry about. It's normal temperature for GPU under load. You may worry when it's reach 80-90 degree Cels.

Reactions: amit.rudy

amit.rudy

Reputable
Sep 21, 2017
How does it run on your 1050 ti? I'm thinking of getting the game
its running pretty decent... im playing it on 1366x768 resolution, cause my monitor isnt FHD. im getting decent 60fps with negligible few fps drops. i dont know why but the game isnt allowing to lock the desired fps at 1366x768 resolution.