My hard drie won't show on my sata I'm my bios and don't know what the problem is

Corey Howard

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
When I start my computer I have my windows on a usb and it loads to the Windows installation screen where I would go through the process and get the upgrade and custom I choose custom for it to say we can't install Windows

Solution
Hey there, Corey.

If I've understood correctly, the drive is properly recognized by your BIOS, but you can't install Windows to it although you can select it as the destination drive for the Windows installation?
There might be something wrong with the installation media you've created (the bootable USB flash drive). So try a different one. Make sure that you follow the instructions from Microsoft's website on how to create it.
You should also try the drive with a different SATA port and different cables, to see if the same thing happens. If it does, you could connect it to a different computer and download its manufacturer's diagnostic tool to test it for errors.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, Corey.

If I've understood correctly, the drive is properly recognized by your BIOS, but you can't install Windows to it although you can select it as the destination drive for the Windows installation?
There might be something wrong with the installation media you've created (the bootable USB flash drive). So try a different one. Make sure that you follow the instructions from Microsoft's website on how to create it.
You should also try the drive with a different SATA port and different cables, to see if the same thing happens. If it does, you could connect it to a different computer and download its manufacturer's diagnostic tool to test it for errors.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution