my hard drive broke so replaced it but when i try to install windows 7 it freezes

sonyasimon

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
my hard drive broke so replaced it but when i try to install windows 7 it freezes at the windows sign. the laptop originally had windows 8 on it.the laptop gets hot fast but the fans are all fine and working.

Meatfish

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Is it a fresh install? I seem to remember there was a bug when going from Vista to 7 that meant Windows sat at the logo for ages whilst updating -it was working in the background but there was nothing telling you this. Only done fresh installs for the last two years or so but try leaving it at the logo for 30 minutes to an hour and see if it is actually hung or just being slow.

sonyasimon

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
thanks guys im useless with computers hubby put a new hard drive in the laptop originally had windows 8 but my daughter doesn't like that so we down grading to windows 7 but it just froze at the windows logo.turned of the security signature so it was that,weve taken it into a shop to look at it but told them not to do anything to it just find the fault as we know what robbing sods some people can be lol I want a price before he does anything.