My Hard Drive is making noises

Solution

Disconnect the DVD and see if it still happens.

Geralt_of_Nvidia

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

Yes. I disconnected it and the noise is gone. I think I'm just gonna leave it that way, cause I'm not using it anyways.

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
This is not a HDD platter noise, probably your DVD have broken gear or a disk broken inside, You can check this by dismantling your DVD, same video how to perform this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfbMmoojFkA, remember this could be happen in any moving parts of computer. So check also the other moving parts, like airblock

USAFRet

Titan

If the DVD is disconnected, then it's not the DVD.
Is there anything else it might be? A piece of paper, rolled up and held to your ear, might help localize the source.

Geralt_of_Nvidia

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

I disconnected the HDD and now I'm waiting if I will hear anything. I will wait for 30 minutes.

btw when I first started to hear these sounds was when I got my SSD. But it's not the SSD cause the sound is not near to it.

Geralt_of_Nvidia

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Now I'm 100% sure it's the HDD, because it's been 20 minutes and nothing happened. I first heard the sound 1 year ago when I changed my motherboard, CPU and bought a new SSD. It was annoying first but a few days later it was not that often and I could hear it in every 1 hours. But today it started to do it more often again. When I had my old computer without the SSD and the new CPU, Motherboard there was no annoying sound.

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

Observe and check all the moving parts, especially the cooler if either airblock or water cooler. Even the PSU exhaust fan, and the electronic parts like the diode and caps. That water cooler could be the suspect also because there are parts inside that causes also annoying sounds if it will failed.