Question My hard drive is making this constant chirping noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2019
It won’t stop making the noise unless idle. I have replaced the hdd and even unplugged the data cable to see if it was the hard drive. It did the same thing after I replaced it and it’s getting really annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
It is a WD black

It sounds OK and for future reference you can get HD Sentinel from here and check the SMART health status of any drive HDD or SSD.

As mentioned above rubber isolators can reduce the vibration on the metal chassis would make less noise. I've used soft rubber washers (between the HDD and the screw) before to mount HDDs on cases where they made the whole case rattle! The cases were kind of flimsy but it helps reduce the vibration/induced noise a bit.

Reactions: AshtonP
Jun 28, 2019
It sounds OK and for future reference you can get HD Sentinel from here and check the SMART health status of any drive HDD or SSD.

As mentioned above rubber isolators can reduce the vibration on the metal chassis would make less noise. I've used soft rubber washers (between the HDD and the screw) before to mount HDDs on cases where they made the whole case rattle! The cases were kind of flimsy but it helps reduce the vibration/induced noise a bit.
Ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.