[SOLVED] My hard drive shows in "Safely Remove Hardware and Media"

May 5, 2020
Hello!

I am a new windows 10 user and today when I checked the "Safely Remove Hardware and Media" option in my taskbar, I saw that my hard drive is there..
I am worried because I may miss-click and remove it when I am trying to remove a flash drive for example.

Is there a way to remove it from this section?

Solution
Hello!

I am a new windows 10 user and today when I checked the "Safely Remove Hardware and Media" option in my taskbar, I saw that my hard drive is there..
I am worried because I may miss-click and remove it when I am trying to remove a flash drive for example.

you will need to plug it into a new spot in you mobo your hot swap is enabled in bios. my mobo has this feature however for some dumb reason wont allow me to eject my drive like yours will it's meant for hotswaple hdd's, however i don't think it detect;s the drive i have as a hot plug
Hello!

you will need to plug it into a new spot in you mobo your hot swap is enabled in bios. my mobo has this feature however for some dumb reason wont allow me to eject my drive like yours will it's meant for hotswaple hdd's, however i don't think it detect;s the drive i have as a hot plug

Reactions: ISAnsw
Solution
May 5, 2020
what will happen if I miss-click on it? Is it going to remove it? Is it going to stop working?