[SOLVED] my hard drives are acting weird

Aug 10, 2020
i was trying to figure out which of my 2 hard drives is my boot drive (these drives came from my dads old pc) and i figured out my boot drive and wanted to see if it was just the boot drive or it had all of the data and when i did i got the blue recovery screen and when i put both of them in it was fine soo whats going on with my drives and i dont have them in raid i dont think

Solution
You can figure that out just by going to disk management. Right click start and click disk management. It will show where the boot and system partition is. It sounds like both drives were in during install and the boot partition is in one drive with the system on another. It's somewhat common and why it's recommended to only have 1 drive in when installing windows. You can typically fix it with a recovery from a bootable flash drive.
You can figure that out just by going to disk management. Right click start and click disk management. It will show where the boot and system partition is. It sounds like both drives were in during install and the boot partition is in one drive with the system on another. It's somewhat common and why it's recommended to only have 1 drive in when installing windows. You can typically fix it with a recovery from a bootable flash drive.

Solution