My hardisk is full of viruses, need help to clean it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_geek

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Please help me! My Seagate 20GB hardisk was infected by viruses, and crash my hardisk. Anti-vir and AVG anti virus detected VBS/Redlof.e, heur/cryted/ spr/destart and wpcb.3207 virus. Anti-vir had clean the spr/destart and wpcb.3207 virus and I though had cleaned also the vbs/redlof.e, and heur/cryted virus. But when I scan my hardisk again, the virus is still there, i try deleting the folder.htt file manually which the vbs/redlof virus created but with no avail. What makes things worst is my hardisk seems to be unusable. I try repartioning and formatting my hardisk with Seagate's Disk Manager but still the virus, the old files and partition is still there. I performed a disk scan and it detected a bad sector in sector 170,171,9708,9709 and 11 other sectors. Can I still use my hardisk? Do I need to manually edit my hardisk to fix this problem? I really don't know how to edit my hardisk manually but if someone out there who can teach me how to manually edit my hardisk, I'm eager to learn. I really need your help guys! Thanks in advance! God bless!

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Sounds like it's time for a new hdd. You can get a Seagate SATA or ATA 80GB for around $40 if your mobo has SATA other wise get an ATA hdd Suggest this because of the bad sectors not the virus. Those you can get rid of formatting the hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.