My HDD broke, need help reinstalling OS

AdventureBen

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
Hello! So I have a laptop that recently I dropped and the HDD broke. So I installed another one, but the laptop didn't come with driver/Windows 7 CDs. I heard that they now keep all the drives on the HDD. So what must I do to reinstall? The laptop is probally not under warranty anymore. It was a legit copy of windows, please help!

Thanks!

Solution
You can normally get a recovery CD from the manufacture for any where between $10 to $25 but be warned some will want you to pay $50 just to deal with a tech and get that info. If you don't wish to do this and have no clue where to get a Win 7 disk image, PM me and I can get you on the right track on how to make a Win 7 bootable USB drive which is faster to install with. For drivers depending on the age of the unit you can get them off the manufactures website or just list the model and I can point you in the right direction should drivers be more readily available from other sites.

Winly

Distinguished
Well since you have a valid key, you will need to ask a friend to lend you the installation DVD and install the OS and use your legit product key. Or you can download a windows image from a site "make sure is the one for your key, premium, home, etc" or you can call the laptop manufacture and ask them to send you a recovery disk or OS DVD.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
You can normally get a recovery CD from the manufacture for any where between $10 to $25 but be warned some will want you to pay $50 just to deal with a tech and get that info. If you don't wish to do this and have no clue where to get a Win 7 disk image, PM me and I can get you on the right track on how to make a Win 7 bootable USB drive which is faster to install with. For drivers depending on the age of the unit you can get them off the manufactures website or just list the model and I can point you in the right direction should drivers be more readily available from other sites.

Solution