[SOLVED] My HDD dissapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffinno

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
Hello !

The case is rather simple really,here is what happened.
As i was playing a game with my friends,the game suddenly froze out of nowhere, i tried signing out of the PC but that didn't work as it was signing out for over a minute so i shutted it down through the button on the case. Next thing i do is turning it on and the BIOS loading screen is taking again over a minute to boot. So i wait wondering why that is,and it finally boots only for me to see that my Local disk D: is nowhere to be found. I tried opening up the case replugging the HDD,remove the dust - still nothing. Went to the disk management - still nothing. Please help.

I cannot upload the picture,dont know why. Basically i have a ''Disk 0'' unknown,not initialized

Last edited:
Solution
Is there any way i can get my data back,because out of 3tb i had 2.1 in data?
This is when you take out your latest backup and restore it to a new drive. What, no backup? Why not? Consider this a lesson learned the hard way. As to recovery, maybe, but it won't be cheap or guaranteed to recover everything. Take the drive to a professional recovery service. Do NOT attempt recovery on your own, you only decrease the chances that the pros can get anything usable off of it.
Is there any way i can get my data back,because out of 3tb i had 2.1 in data?
This is when you take out your latest backup and restore it to a new drive. What, no backup? Why not? Consider this a lesson learned the hard way. As to recovery, maybe, but it won't be cheap or guaranteed to recover everything. Take the drive to a professional recovery service. Do NOT attempt recovery on your own, you only decrease the chances that the pros can get anything usable off of it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.