Question My HDD has slowed down very much ?

Jun 26, 2022
My 1TB Toshiba DT01ACA100 Hard Disk has been slowed down very much. it has Bad Sectors on it. and it's very heated after starting the pc,.
My PC keeps booting up indefinitely. i have to move so many important files from that HDD to new a HDD because it has Bad Sectors on it. if PC boots up indefinitely i can't do anything. is there a way to speed up this HDD..?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My 1TB Toshiba DT01ACA100 Hard Disk has been slowed down very much. it has Bad Sectors on it. and it's very heated after starting the pc,.
My PC keeps booting up indefinitely. i have to move so many important files from that HDD to new a HDD because it has Bad Sectors on it. if PC boots up indefinitely i can't do that.

Remove the bad HDD and put it in a hard drive dock/enclosure, and install Windows on another drive. You do not want to be running this drive at all if the idea is to recover data.

Unfortunately, the best time to protect your data is before the drive with the data starts to fail, not after. All important data should be backed up at all times, ideally in multiple places.

No, there's no way to speed up a failing hard drive magically, and if you could, all you would do is hasten its demise. This hard drive was failing for you a month ago. If this data is so important, why are you only doing anything about it now, a month later?

Jun 26, 2022
Remove the bad HDD and put it in a hard drive dock/enclosure, and install Windows on another drive. You do not want to be running this drive at all if the idea is to recover data.

Unfortunately, the best time to protect your data is before the drive with the data starts to fail, not after. All important data should be backed up at all times, ideally in multiple places.

No, there's no way to speed up a failing hard drive magically, and if you could, all you would do is hasten its demise. This hard drive was failing for you a month ago. If this data is so important, why are you only doing anything about it now, a month later?
"Orico 6228US3-C 2.5 / 3.5 inch Dual Bay USB3.0 1 to 1 Clone Hard Drive Dock", "ORICO 2.5 to 3.5 inch Hard Drive Caddy (1125SS)" which one will be good.?
.. does any of this will load my slowed down hdd..?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
"Orico 6228US3-C 2.5 / 3.5 inch Dual Bay USB3.0 1 to 1 Clone Hard Drive Dock", "ORICO 2.5 to 3.5 inch Hard Drive Caddy (1125SS)" which one will be good.?
.. does any of this will load my slowed down hdd..?

That should work.

However, there's no guarantee that your hard drive will continue to function much longer. You should not be using it at all except to recover data. If you are running your computer on this hard drive still, turn it off right now.

Jun 26, 2022
That should work.

However, there's no guarantee that your hard drive will continue to function much longer. You should not be using it at all except to recover data. If you are running your computer on this hard drive still, turn it off right now.
No i am using OS in Samsung 860 evo sdd. i only need that hard drive for my data. i will copy all data to new drive.

Jun 26, 2022
That should work.

I Removed the HDD and Plugged in it again after my PC Boots up. but my PC is not detecting the HDD. does it will detect by the pc if i connect this hdd with hard drive dock/enclosure.??

Jun 26, 2022
you can try.

always do backup your important file. don't wait for the hdd/sdd to failed

That should work.

Is my HDD slowed down due to bad sector and heat?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022
Can a dock/enclosure recognize a 6 year old very slow unrecognized Toshiba 1TB HDD on a PC?
If so, which one will be better?
  1. ORICO 3588C3 3.5 inch Type-C Hard Drive Enclosure
  2. Orico 6619SUS3 Dual Bay 2.5"/3.5" SATA USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure With Docking Station
  3. Orico 6228US3-C 2.5 / 3.5 inch Dual Bay USB3.0 1 to 1 Clone Hard Drive Dock
or any other..?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If I buy something to try and find it doesn't work, it's not worth investing money in something that won't work.

That's not actually how investments work in life. You don't get to know the result before you make the choice.

If you cannot read the hard drive right now, you have a few choices:

1. Try to use a hard drive enclosure and risk $15 in the hopes you can recover your data.
  2. Pay a recovery lab a large amount of money (possibly over $1000 depending on the difficulty) with a significantly better chance of recovering your data.
  3. Lose the data.
Until/unless time machines become a thing, nobody can tell you which choice will work out the best. It's up to you to decide your risk/reward. This was explained to you last month when you asked a few dozen nearly identical questions about hard drives to replace this hard drive, and you refused to accept when people were telling you that no hard drive has a guaranteed lifespan and that each hard disk you were looking to buy had its own pros and cons.

It seemed in your thread a whole month ago talking about this hard drive failure that you could still read the drive. Why didn't you do something about your important data then?

You want guarantees. None exist.

Reactions: rgd1101
Jun 26, 2022
That's not actually how investments work in life. You don't get to know the result before you make the choice.

If you cannot read the hard drive right now, you have a few choices:

1. Try to use a hard drive enclosure and risk $15 in the hopes you can recover your data.
  2. Pay a recovery lab a large amount of money (possibly over $1000 depending on the difficulty) with a significantly better chance of recovering your data.
  3. Lose the data.
Until/unless time machines become a thing, nobody can tell you which choice will work out the best. It's up to you to decide your risk/reward. This was explained to you last month when you asked a few dozen nearly identical questions about hard drives to replace this hard drive, and you refused to accept when people were telling you that no hard drive has a guaranteed lifespan and that each hard disk you were looking to buy had its own pros and cons.

It seemed in your thread a whole month ago talking about this hard drive failure that you could still read the drive. Why didn't you do something about your important data then?

You want guarantees. None exist.
I only want to know can i backup the data from that failing HDD to a new HDD..? is my HDD is Recoverable or Not. if Yes then how can i do that..? if i buy a Samsung 970 evo plus SSD and Install OS for faster boots up the PC will that work.?? or the HDD will be detected by the PC if i plug it in using an enclosure..?? or the HDD will be remaing unrecognized.?? because my HDD is not detecting by PC if Plug That after PC boots up. and if i plug that HDD before starting the PC then its Boots up indefinitely and heated. in My PC i stored my whole DATA in that HDD. i didn't do it anything one month before because i was very busy in others things.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I only want to know can i backup the data from that failing HDD to a new HDD..? is my HDD is Recoverable or Not. if Yes then how can i do that..? if i buy a Samsung 970 evo plus SSD and Install OS for faster boots up the PC will that work.?? or the HDD will be detected by the PC if i plug it in using an enclosure..?? or the HDD will be remaing unrecognized.?? because my HDD is not detecting by PC if Plug That after PC boots up. and if i plug that HDD before starting the PC then its Boots up indefinitely and heated. in My PC i stored my whole DATA in that HDD. i didn't do it anything one month before because i was very busy in others things.

If you can't read and move files from your hard drive normally, then I've already told you your choices.
  3. Lose the data.
These are the options. You want a magic solution or a special trick that is certain to work. There isn't one.

Like the hard drive recommendation thread, you can keep asking the same question over and over again, but it's not going to change the answer.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022
If you can't read and move files from your hard drive normally, then I've already told you your choices.
  3. Lose the data.
These are the options. You want a magic solution or a special trick that is certain to work. There isn't one.

Like the hard drive recommendation thread, you can keep asking the same question over and over again, but it's not going to change the answer.
Is Enclosure and Clone Docking Stations are same..?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is Enclosure and Clone Docking Stations are same..?

Slightly different forms, but they interact with the PC the same way.

Enclosure:

eb07fc8f-d246-4ad7-a6a8-b5f56f70ec78.af335df7bee2203fa4af01c2a4bacf3a.jpeg

Docking station:

Reactions: M.Saikat
Jun 26, 2022
Slightly different forms, but they interact with the PC the same way.

Enclosure:

eb07fc8f-d246-4ad7-a6a8-b5f56f70ec78.af335df7bee2203fa4af01c2a4bacf3a.jpeg

Docking station:

Can i Clone This HDD to a new HDD using docking Station without connecting to PC..??
Few hours ago HDD was detected by the PC but not in the file explorer and showing Dynamic Invalid in Disk Management.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
From few hours ago it's detecting by the PC but not in the file explorer and showing Dynamic Invalid in Disk Management.

If the PC is reading it, you can at least try software like Recuva or EaseUS to see what you can recover.

You're only going to find out if a method is successful by trying. There are only so many different ways I can tell you that nobody knows what will work out and if a method will work out.

Jun 26, 2022
If the PC is reading it, you can at least try software like Recuva or EaseUS to see what you can recover.

You're only going to find out if a method is successful by trying. There are only so many different ways I can tell you that nobody knows what will work out and if a method will work out.
Screenshot-2.png
Screenshot-3.png
Screenshot-1.png

Can MiniTool Partition Wizard recover all data if i convert it to MBR.?

Last edited: