My HDD is 66% fragmented!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas1127

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2015
So my 1 terabyte hdd is almost full with games only 50 gb left and when i defrag it is still 65% fragmented even after defragmenting many times i used auslogics tool but when i use the default windows defragment tool it says only 6% fragmented is my hdd going to die soon?

Solution
Given that Auslogic offers two tiers of defraggers, I would say they tell you it's fragmented to get you to pay for it. I personally use Defraggler (piriform.com/defraggler) because it is completely free and they are upfront about what the paid versions give you. Maybe try that and see how fragmented you HDD is?

If your worried about whether your HDD is going kaput, try a HDD diagnostic tool from its manufaturer (WD, Seagate etc).

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Given that Auslogic offers two tiers of defraggers, I would say they tell you it's fragmented to get you to pay for it. I personally use Defraggler (piriform.com/defraggler) because it is completely free and they are upfront about what the paid versions give you. Maybe try that and see how fragmented you HDD is?

If your worried about whether your HDD is going kaput, try a HDD diagnostic tool from its manufaturer (WD, Seagate etc).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.