[SOLVED] My HDD keeps disappearing and i have to format it making me lose all my data

anis2nehme

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
Just built my new rig a 2 days ago. I downloaded all my games which took me a day and a half, 1TB worth of games. Only to turn my pc back on and find out that windows 10 is detecting it as a new drive i guess you could say so i have to format it and set it up again as if it was a new hdd making me lose all my games. this happened twice already and im downloading all my games for the third time and i dont want this to happen again as it happened twice in one day so im hoping anyone can help me fix this as i downloaded 2tb worth of stuff now and soon to be 3.

Solution
After the first time don't try again. If the drive has an issue and it keeps doing this it's a faulty drive and doing it a third time and a fourth time and 10 times won't change anything.

anis2nehme

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
After the first time don't try again. If the drive has an issue and it keeps doing this it's a faulty drive and doing it a third time and a fourth time and 10 times won't change anything.
so u think i should take it back? i have warranty on it anyways. and it also happened again not to long after posting this and i didnt even restart my pc, it just stopped working.