[SOLVED] My HDD keeps disappearing

Sep 8, 2020
so my HDD keeps disappearing, I format it, it stays formatted for a couple of hours and then randomly disappears, i even bought a new hard drive and it still does it, I changed the SATA port on my motherboard too, might be the SATA cable but my SSD works and they use the same one i think? I have windows on my SSD but its only 500gb and not enough for my games + everything else, anybody got any idea what is happening?

Solution
Im gonna order another SATA cable but I doubt its a power issue relating to the power supply, I have a Corsair 750w Gold standard one
So, it could be SATA issue. Since I don't see your build specs, so I just wandering what causes the issue. Will wait for next update then.

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
Can you elaborate on what you mean by your SSD and HDD using the same cable? There should be 2 different SATA cables, one from the motherboard to the HDD, and one from the motherboard to the SSD. It is possible the SATA cable is bad, so if you have a replacement it would be nice to swap and check.

so my HDD keeps disappearing, I format it, it stays formatted for a couple of hours and then randomly disappears, i even bought a new hard drive and it still does it, I changed the SATA port on my motherboard too, might be the SATA cable but my SSD works and they use the same one i think? I have windows on my SSD but its only 500gb and not enough for my games + everything else, anybody got any idea what is happening?
Could be power issue, try swap the SATA power cord. or may be bad SATA cable, have you try to change the SATA cable instead of change to another port ?

Sep 8, 2020
Could be power issue, try swap the SATA power cord. or may be bad SATA cable, have you try to change the SATA cable instead of change to another port ?
Im gonna order another SATA cable but I doubt its a power issue relating to the power supply, I have a Corsair 750w Gold standard one