Question My HDD showing as "SDD"

opysium

Commendable
Jun 8, 2019
I don't know why, I have a 500GB old HDD and it shows as SDD on Defraggler. Today I have installed Defraggler and I see "SDD (NTFS)" instead of "HDD (NTSF)" on File System tab.
uQBoch.png

Lutfij

Titan
Which OS are you using? Make and model of your motherboard? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your platform's motherboard? To add, you may want to stop defragmenting your drive(regardless of SSD or HDD) to avoid ruining the drive's health.

opysium

Commendable
Jun 8, 2019
Which OS are you using? Make and model of your motherboard? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your platform's motherboard? To add, you may want to stop defragmenting your drive(regardless of SSD or HDD) to avoid ruining the drive's health.
Motherboard: Gigabyte M61PM3-S2P BIOS up to date

I was have a DDR3 Foxconn HV55MXV motherboard but it's dead, so I bought a DDR2 Gigabyte motherboard, CPU and RAM. Is it can cause to this issue? The new motherboard probably SATA2 instead of SATA3, and yes I didn't do a defragmenting, defraggler already warned me because of that. Let me try return to BIOS Defaults. I've return to BIOS defaults but still same.

Last edited: