my HDD stopped working ;( !!

PC G-ame-R

Reputable
May 28, 2015
hey guys, i have a little problem with my secondary HDD, well it stopped working, let me tell you what happened:
i installed Linux on it, and after a while my primary HDD is nearly to be full so i decided to use my secondary hdd by deleting Linux, i checked some websites, and they told me to go to Disk manager (windows 10) and delete the system on it, which i did, it worked, the next step is to extend the volume, that choice was not available so i didnt know what to do, but there was a choice called new volume ::> lol, i clicked on it, then the windows stopped working and it said we are working on a solution, this issues kept going on for days, i removed the secondary hdd by disconnected it from the pc ''SATA''>> THE SYSTEM IS OK NOW!!>> whenever i connect my hdd the windows shut down it self and says we are working on a solution... i want to use my secondary one ;(.. how

Solution

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Do you have your Windows DVD (any version)... If so, boot up from the disk and proceed to the screen like you're going to install Windows... and select ADVANCE Options... look for the drive there and DELETE any and all partitions you see on it.. then create a new one and format it. Once that is done... exit out of all that and boot up Windows... it should be fine.

Solution