Question My hdmi on my mother board isnt working but the one on my GPU works.

Jul 1, 2020
So basically i bought an oculus rift from my friend to play vr, and i realized that i had to plug in the hdmi from the rift to the GPU because the one on my mother board was occupied. So i plugged it in and i downloaded the start up for rift. The startup said that i had to set it up and so i had to plug in the sensors and the hdmi and usb to the pc. i had plugged them all in and the sensors and usb for the headset worked but the hdmi. I only have one monitor so i cant switch to set up my rift. So thats when i realized that the hdmi on my GPU didnt work. so I randomly decided to clean my pc and took out my ram to clean it, and i only have one stick of ram. when i put it back in and turned on my pc the hdmi on my mother board doesnt work anymore and the hdmi on my GPU works. Basically my problem now is that for some random reason they switched and i dont know why the hdmi on my GPU works but the one on the mother board doesnt.

Jul 1, 2020
oh well like i said the hdmi on my mother board doesnt work and i just tried vga but i got a pre built pc because im poor and basically i was supposed to get a better GPU but i got screwed over and my GPU cant even support vga

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
So basically i bought an oculus rift from my friend to play vr, and i realized that i had to plug in the hdmi from the rift to the GPU because the one on my mother board was occupied. So i plugged it in and i downloaded the start up for rift. The startup said that i had to set it up and so i had to plug in the sensors and the hdmi and usb to the pc. i had plugged them all in and the sensors and usb for the headset worked but the hdmi. I only have one monitor so i cant switch to set up my rift. So thats when i realized that the hdmi on my GPU didnt work. so I randomly decided to clean my pc and took out my ram to clean it, and i only have one stick of ram. when i put it back in and turned on my pc the hdmi on my mother board doesnt work anymore and the hdmi on my GPU works. Basically my problem now is that for some random reason they switched and i dont know why the hdmi on my GPU works but the one on the mother board doesnt.
Generally the GPU and integrated graphics from your motherboard won't both work at the same time. In other words, if your monitor is plugged into the motherboard video output, it is likely that your GPU card is disabled.

However the GPU will have more than one video output, so the Rift and monitor should both be plugged into the GPU.

TRENDING THREADS