[SOLVED] My Headphone Outputs stopped working.

mikehende

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
Hey guys, my HP Elite 8200 pc's headphones outputs both front and back was working fine but recently I started working with some different softwares at the same tine and had to keep switching between the Sound options in Sound Properties then all of a sudden I can't get any sound from either headphone outputs. Right now I am using a USB adapter to get sound but I would like to get back the use of the headphone outputs so anything I can try please?

Solution
Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right hand display corner.

A menu should appear presenting 4 - 5 choices. Each choice, in turn, leads to any number of windows, tabs, and properties/configuration settings.

Start by exploring everything but do not make any immediate changes. Look for configuration settings that are not as expected or that you know are incorrect.

Make notes and the reconfigure accordingly. Change only one thing at a time and again make notes of what you change allow with the original setting and the new setting you are trying.

Overall, I suspect that one of the softwares you were working with simply changed a setting to some default or incompatible value.

Or perhaps, a setting you...

Ralston18

Titan
Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right hand display corner.

A menu should appear presenting 4 - 5 choices. Each choice, in turn, leads to any number of windows, tabs, and properties/configuration settings.

Start by exploring everything but do not make any immediate changes. Look for configuration settings that are not as expected or that you know are incorrect.

Make notes and the reconfigure accordingly. Change only one thing at a time and again make notes of what you change allow with the original setting and the new setting you are trying.

Overall, I suspect that one of the softwares you were working with simply changed a setting to some default or incompatible value.

Or perhaps, a setting you were trying may not have been "saved" or "okayed". All too easy to overlook sometimes.

Solution