Question My headphone's microphone is only giving static, with one exception

Sep 7, 2019
I recently got a PC that needs two 3.5mm audio jacks, one for the sound and another for the mic. My headphones have a mic built into the cable, but the cable only has one (TRRS) jack. I got an adapter to split it (2 TRS jacks), and while the sound works perfectly fine the microphone does not.

Some things to note:

I'm using windows 10.

The adapter isn't broken, I've tried three different adapters from two different brands, and the store I bought them at tested them with their headphones and their computers. All the adapters worked perfectly for them, not at all for me.

My headphones aren't broken, as both the sound and the mic work just fine with my phone and laptop (Which have only one 3.5mm input, and don't need an adapter).

My PC's inputs aren't broken. If I plug my headphones into just the sound OR just the mic inputs, it will be able to do either of those things just fine.

When I tried using my headphones and adapter with other PC's at the store, it worked perfectly with only one of their computers. The two others we tried it with had the same issue I'm having, for reasons we couldn't figure out.

I've updated my drivers to the latest versions (Realtek). I've even uninstalled and reinstalled them entirely, multiple times. No change.

When using the adapter, the microphone is being detected by my system. It just doesn't pick up any sound, and the green bar never moves, with one exception; the mic will pick up the clicking of the volume and pause/play buttons being pressed (The buttons are on the cable with the mic). Nothing else has any effect on the constant static it produces otherwise.

I'm thoroughly puzzled as to what the issue is. None of the online guides have helped, none of my friends could figure it out, and the guys at Canada Computers couldn't even figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I have Sennheiser HD 200 Headphones, if that matters

Sep 7, 2019
It's not that I distrust you, but since I don't have the same model available, I spent 20 minutes trying to locate some info about your headphones to be able to try to help, and that model was all I found. Sorry.

It's ok, I really do appreciate your effort. If there's any info you need about the headphones I can try to do my best to provide it.