[SOLVED] My headphones randomly stops working then then works again help

Solution
So two headsets with mic's fail when plugged into the laptop: i.e., the mic works but earphones do not.

Headsets and mics work on other computers and phone - correct?

No audio extension cables or adapters of any sort being used - correct?

On the laptop, right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right hand screen corner.

A menu should appear with four or five listed choices. Each choice, in turn, will lead to a number of audio related Windows, tabs, and properties.

Work through all of those screens but do not initially change anything. "Cancel" is your friend.

Look for any headset related configurations and settings. No immediate need to change anything. Just note any settings that are not as you...

eMptyLiGHT

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2013
Update your post to include full laptop specs and OS information.

Make and model headphones?

Do the headphones consistently work on other audio devices?

Do other known working headphones work on the laptop?
sorry for that been a while since ive posted.
Laptop Specs: View: https://imgur.com/JzgHdod

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
headset model: TUF GAMING H3 ASUS GAMING HEADSET

When headset doesn't work with the laptop (sound still works btw), i plug it into my phone and test the mic and it appears to be working.

For the other working headphones I haven't tried that yet, I'll test it once it happens again.

eMptyLiGHT

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2013
sorry for that been a while since ive posted.
Laptop Specs: View: https://imgur.com/JzgHdod

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
headset model: TUF GAMING H3 ASUS GAMING HEADSET

When headset doesn't work with the laptop (sound still works btw), i plug it into my phone and test the mic and it appears to be working.

For the other working headphones I haven't tried that yet, I'll test it once it happens again.
tested another earphones with a mic and it works but the headset doesnt

Ralston18

Titan
So two headsets with mic's fail when plugged into the laptop: i.e., the mic works but earphones do not.

Headsets and mics work on other computers and phone - correct?

No audio extension cables or adapters of any sort being used - correct?

On the laptop, right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right hand screen corner.

A menu should appear with four or five listed choices. Each choice, in turn, will lead to a number of audio related Windows, tabs, and properties.

Work through all of those screens but do not initially change anything. "Cancel" is your friend.

Look for any headset related configurations and settings. No immediate need to change anything. Just note any settings that are not as you expect or otherwise do not make sense.

Especially with any settings related to the earphones.

The objective being to narrow down potential reasons for the problem. Starting with configuration and software.

Solution