Question My headset is not detected on Windows 10

penguinplaysagario

Honorable
Jun 9, 2018
I factory reset my PC 1 day ago and when I went and plugged my headset that has a microphone (using an audio splitter), and went to the sound control panel and nothing, just my monitor's built in speakers. I have so far tried to update my drivers, uninstall my drivers. I unplugged the headphones and checked if they would work with my phone and it worked, and even tried plugging in different headphones to see if my rear audio jack is even working, and windows still didn't detect the headphones. Is it possible my rear audio jack is busted, does anyone have a fix for this?

I'm using the Steelseries Arctis 3 2019 edition.

My PC specs:
GTX 1050ti
Intel Core i5-3570
Asrock H61m-HVS
Ballistix 8gb DDR3

On sound did you pull the top tab down to see what was in the list.
Scroll down to related sounds and click on sound control panel.
look at all the different tabs on the page.

Since a windows update altered the layout of the sound panel it does odd things , when I plug in my microphone/headset on usb , sometimes it cancels speakers and sometimes it does not.

penguinplaysagario

Honorable
Jun 9, 2018
On sound did you pull the top tab down to see what was in the list.
Scroll down to related sounds and click on sound control panel.
look at all the different tabs on the page.

Since a windows update altered the layout of the sound panel it does odd things , when I plug in my microphone/headset on usb , sometimes it cancels speakers and sometimes it does not.
Yes i have and the only device that pops up is Nvidia high definition audio device which is my monitor's speakers.
Here is a screenshot of my sound control panel
86cb31c83f2827d96fa0f5bd750e6eb2.png