[SOLVED] My headset mic only works in a certain position

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozga123

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
So i had my Hyperx Cloud Stinger headset for roughly two years now and until recently it worked great. But all of a sudden my mic started acting strange,first making crackling noises when moved, then eventually it only wanted to work in one certain position. It only works like that now and i cant move it, because if i do it makes noises so loud anyone that's in my discord call want's to commit suicide, until it eventually fully stops.Then i have to manually mute it by moving the mic arm to the top (that's how it works on the stinger,it has a swivel to mute function) and only then can i try to find the sweat spot where it works again (which is really quiet because it's far from my mouth). I'm worried i'm not tech savvy enough to take it apart and check the wires inside,most likely i'll break it even worse. So if anyone has any ideas please share.

Solution
I think there's a good chance that what happened is that the conductor inside the wire broke and you can't see it.

Usually this happens where the wire gets bent a lot.

Sometimes you can squeeze the insulation and feel the break....sometimes you can't.

When this happens, the first sign is usually crackling.....and then it gets worse.....to the point where you have to find the "sweet spot" so the wires contact each other again.
I think there's a good chance that what happened is that the conductor inside the wire broke and you can't see it.

Usually this happens where the wire gets bent a lot.

Sometimes you can squeeze the insulation and feel the break....sometimes you can't.

When this happens, the first sign is usually crackling.....and then it gets worse.....to the point where you have to find the "sweet spot" so the wires contact each other again.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.